Wednesday 30 July 2014

Faith Copyright Robert Fullarton 2013


Faith

 Copyright Robert Fullarton 2013

Against the darkest
Pit in the universe
I can do nothing else
But have faith

In the bellows of death
And the gallows of life
I can do nothing else
but have faith

In the hour of the choking trial,
The poison kiss,
The crippled body
The humiliation
The abandonment
The hanging
The burning
And the sacred tear
I can do nothing else
But have faith

All bodies
Are given up
To mounds and heights of meaning
Sacrificed before mighty flames
She does not love me
They have left me……
I can wallow
Bottom of the bowl
Chase
And perchance strike
Desire
But now the winter
Is overlong
And seemingly everlasting
And all in all
Time
History
Life
Death
Fate in making
And remaking
I can only have faith
What else can I do?


Labels:

1 Comments:

At 30 July 2014 at 15:01 , Blogger Robert Fullarton said...

Written when I was very sick...and it reflects my beliefs and my inner joys!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home