Saturday 2 August 2014

Take a Pill- Copyright Robert Fullarton 2013


Take a pill

 Copyright Robert Fullarton- taken from Seasons in the Waiting game


Take a pill
Decide
between living and dying
Brother, son, father, another…
Sister
In pain by the burden
The ransom,
The cost
The double-edged sword
As you were baptised
In the wards,
Twice
And I brother
Lay down
To take my pill
Waiting in queue
To live conditionally
On my pills
Until the medicine
Bit me
And ravaged me all over

I’ve seen human zombies
Knowing nothing
On invasive substances
Either/or
The pain
Or the intrusion

Strong men
Now weak
Who was the man?
Who is the man?
Where is your beauty
Who clipped the wings
Of many mottled angels?

Dante’s ninth circle
Know to be called
The psychiatric ward
has called again

Youth destroyed
These are the houses
that destroy beauty
Nothing else harbours
Beauty and destroys it
Like these
Penitentiaries for the lost minds
and souls of youth

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 2 August 2014 at 16:10 , Blogger Robert Fullarton said...

This was written about my experience in a psychiatric ward and the tragedies that affected me and those who had been burned out and blown away by the society that couldn't understand them and the hurt that was within and this considers their own stories

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home