Monday 2 January 2017

The Strawberry Beds -by Robert Fullarton 2017 Copyright

The Strawberry Beds
-by Robert Fullarton 2017 Copyright


I have this image
from my youth
a distant memory
from the fog

Where the Green hills fold
into the wandering water
where Green hues, pastoral plains
unearth a work by Constable
of the English Summer of antiquity

Below the Bridge
there was a vista
where I never went
and will never go

But my mind is searching
and my heart is wanting
for a home unspoilt,
imperishable, upon a solid rock

The tumble down cottages,
these many mansions
upon the untroubled waters
where men live out their
dreams upon an unfolding canvass

The Pilgrim
beholds heaven's centre
but is obscured at the gates
to the lower circles
where green ethereal dreams
have been obscured
with concrete prisons
and the pearly rivers
are going brown

At my desk I begin to frown
to think it has been confiscated
spoiled and lost
but my determined heart
seeks with a determined will
the reservation of this past
to make it cast and make it last
for ever more.
and ever and ever
in the dye that's cast
in these determined dreams
for the future

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home