Sunday 25 June 2017

What Land is this By Robert Fullarton

What Land is this
By Robert Fullarton
Copyright Robert Fullarton 2017



What land is this?
A foreign world
I beckon to,
To which I knew so long ago
I do not recognise
this ruin
This plastic, stretched mould
Of rot and brutality


Under your noses
You hounds of liberty
Lose all for a paltry
Fight like bold children
For the scraps of food
That fall to ground


Invisible actors
Unknown to burly strong men
Beyond pawns of the marching dead
Beyond the blood flow of cash
And billionaire dynasties
Are the monster tricksters
Of ancient evil

Still at work behind the differing systems
Of man’s cruelty in mass ignorance

After the earth was cracked
And smashed to dust
By the millionth cataclysm

You people of the marching dead
Lost heart, and sank to accept
The belittlement of life and love
When the believing heart had dimmed
And the arms of mercy were withdrawn

What land is this?

Having ceased to be my home
My head and heart is in another world
Forgive me so
For I cannot help but dream


As the endeavour of the weary man
Rises with a leaden weight
From heavy waters
But with high aspirations to above
I too have dreamt these dreams.




Amen


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home