Friday 22 September 2017

From the Fields came forth.. By Robert Fullarton

From the Fields came forth..
By Robert Fullarton
Copyright 2017

I surveyed the darkness
At the edges of the fields
And waited for the fierce
Frosts to carpet the sleeping earth

I saw darkness within myself
Appearing like a vision
As I journeyed through
Unto the panorama
That revealed a mystery
Unbeknown to me before
There is beauty and there is tragedy
A world of tears
Like porcelain cups
Or lives thrown against the cliffs

This is winter
I told myself
And youth was spring
From which another man inhabited
The roots of furtive thought
And rich living in which I stole the sun

From the point of no return
The boy was hardened
Like clay into the baking oven
Tested by the rough winds
Of the world

Away from this isle of the dead
By the weeping willows
I ask myself these questions
“what is destiny and what is fate,
What part do I play in the great
Wrestle against the colossus?
How can I live? How can I dream?
When my body has been crushed?
I am one of those men who disbelieve
And fail to take the golden
Opportunity afforded
And delivered as a miracle from God.”

I’ve seen these dreams
Like re-runs,
They speak as voices
From the other side
Over the man made wall,
The man made ignorance
That scoffs in the face of authority,

The outstretched arm
And heart calls through
A man made clamour
Just to reach you
Where you are

Into the corners of a darkened winter
Where the light does not dwell
I aspire to think
“of day being resurrected
And man rising henceforth like flowers
Where once the earth and bones
Were dead, henceforth
The man shall dwell in the court
Of the heavenly gardener
And all the earth is alive again
And man’s song is most beautiful
Once more, with no melancholy
But joy, not so subtle
But so powerful, once more!”



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home